Author: Sunil Bali
Adventures in Awesome Living
by Sunil Bali, Chief Energy Officer, 17-07-11
I was at a dinner party with some medics yesterday, when the conversation turned to stress in the work place.
It transpires that the waiting rooms of doctor’s surgeries are overflowing with stressed out managers and executives who complain of too much work and too little time.
Whether you’re Superman or Wonder Woman, there comes a time when you have to take your cape to the cleaners and slow down before putting it back on.
I do nothing and then I do something. But it’s taken years of investigating idleness in all its forms to be able to achieve this. My discipline is borne out of concerted study of idleness - Will Self
You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet, still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice; it will roll in ecstasy at your feet - Franz Kafka
To do nothing at all is the most difficult thing in the world - Oscar Wilde
An idle mind is a questioning, skeptical mind. Hence it is a mind not too bound up with ephemeral things, as the minds of workers are. The idler, then, is somebody who separates himself from his occupation: there are many people scarcely conscious of living except in the exercise of some conventional occupation - Robert Louis Stevenson
Thanks to Victoria for these gems:
- A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion
- When you’ve seen one shopping centre, you’ve seen a mall
- When she saw her first strands of grey hair, she thought she’d dye
- When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds
- Santa’s little helpers are subordinate clauses
- You are stuck with your debt if you can’t budge it
- He broke into song because he couldn’t find the key
- A calendar’s days are numbered
- A boiled egg is hard to beat
- He had a photographic memory which never developed
- The short fortune teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large
- Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end
- If you jump off a bridge in Paris, you are in Seine
- Acupuncture is a jab well done
- The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine is now fully recovered
To your success,
About the Author
Sunil is an expert in human behaviour, and how you can increase both your happiness and income by consistently living your DNA and expressing your authentic self.